• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we being infiltrated ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we being infiltrated ?

Call me paranoid, senile, (or anything else you want really) - but having lurked around various threads for a while now there seems to be a growing number of questions being asked i.e. references/employment/contract law/contract obligations/ltd.co admin/financial accounting etc. that any contractor (new or time served) would know the answer to.

Is this just new blood coming in or is it some strange plot hatched by the ever more worried 'agents on a burning tightrope' ?

Flame away

(And No, I'm not on drugs - I wish )

Originally posted by rabiddog View Post
    Call me paranoid, senile, (or anything else you want really) - but having lurked around various threads for a while now there seems to be a growing number of questions being asked i.e. references/employment/contract law/contract obligations/ltd.co admin/financial accounting etc. that any contractor (new or time served) would know the answer to.

Is this just new blood coming in or is it some strange plot hatched by the ever more worried 'agents on a burning tightrope' ?

Flame away

Agents on a burning tightrope = pimps, rather than government agents?

If it's pimps drowning through the lack of gigs well, frankly, they should be suffering like the rest of us, I fear.

Comment

Happy Yesterbirthday.

New blood.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        Agents on a burning tightrope = pimps, rather than government agents?

If it's pimps drowning through the lack of gigs well, frankly, they should be suffering like the rest of us, I fear.
        Ahh! Now I'm really paranoid. It's not just the pimps, it's a way for the 'Government' to gather info. for another IR35 trick.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Happy Yesterbirthday.

New blood.
          Ta, at least someone remembered. Mind you that really makes me paranoid, 'cos now I know people are checking me out.

Comment

Ta, at least someone remembered. Mind you that really makes me paranoid, 'cos now I know people are checking me out.
            Yoo hoo! Chase me
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Yoo hoo! Chase me
              Is it the hot weather that has made you so, er, frisky?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Flame away

Indian ICT's who wannabe contractors I believe.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                  Indian ICT's who wannabe contractors I believe.

PZZ
                  I am inclined to agree. The standard of written English in their questions is worse than many locals'.

Comment

Recently made redundant permie's unable to find another permi job thus looking to go contractor (in their case "Temp") until they do

Comment

Working...
                    X