• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm so glad I bought that acre on the moon now!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad I bought that acre on the moon now!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...-the-Moon.html

The space probe Kaguya detected the radioactive element in samples of the Moon's surface with a gamma-ray spectrometer, along with thorium, potassium, magnesium, silicon, calcium, titanium and iron.

The discovery opens up the possibility of mining operations on a commercial basis or even nuclear power plants being constructed on the Moon.

Boomed!

$29.99 well spent.

Cool Prawny...

What're you going to do with all that nuclear energy when you have it? Ship it back in bottles?

Bloody boffins... haven't got a scooby doo
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
      What're you going to do with all that nuclear energy when you have it? Ship it back in bottles?
      Of course not. Build a nuclear powered military laser and point it at whoever has the oil and gas. "Offer" to buy it for 1p per Gigawatt in exchange for not wiping out random bits of their country / business.

I believe the term the young folk use at this point is "pimples", yes?

Edit: the pimples thing was meant to be a mildly amusing play on words. Simples.
      Last edited by RichardCranium; 2 July 2009, 10:50.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Whisky? (pimple and blotch = scotch)

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Of course not. Build a nuclear powered military laser and point it at whoever has the oil and gas. "Offer" to buy it for 1p per Gigawatt in exchange for not wiping out random bits of their country / business.

Hope the Yanks don't think of that, with their record on friendly fire incidents, we're all doomed
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
          X