• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is the way the police treat their friends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the way the police treat their friends

BBC: Police dogs die in parked vehicle

Two police dogs have died in a hot vehicle parked outside the headquarters of Nottinghamshire Police
    Lord help anyone they don't like.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

No excuses in my opinion.

******* appalling!
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
      No excuses in my opinion.

******* appalling!
      I put this in the same class as I put manslaughter.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Headlines in the paper for the story:

Dog day afternoon
        Dawg Gone
        Hot Dogs
        Paw Lassies (The Scotsman)
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

And if that was you or me who left their pet in the car we'd have to book thrown at us.
          From the story...The maximum sentence for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.

I bet that doesn't happen to the stupid ferker who killed these 2 highly trained police dogs.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I am rather disappointed there wasn't a corresponding summary dismissal of the handler.

I cannot think of any reason - other than the handler being admitted to casualty unconscious - how this could happen and the handler get to keep their job.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Poor hounds!

The officer in charge of the dogs should be disciplined and dismissed.

****wad. They're dogs, for goodness sakes - it's not like they have opposable thumbs that they could use to open the car doors with!

Comment

pretty cut and dry is you ask me in that if you or I did this you would end up in court. Im guessing the handler will somehow get a slap on the wrist and nothing more will be said

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Anyone charged? Clearly that is cruelty to animals.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Simlar tragedy happened with my friends dog in Glasgow many moons ago - on a summers afternoon left the dog in the car for about an hour while he went shopping - he was mortified to find the dog dead - and he was a para-medic - his wife loved that dog - so all you dog owners - never let this happen to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X