• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it so hard to get a decent answer on a thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it so hard to get a decent answer on a thread?

People ask perfectly decent reasonable questions and yet every thread descends into farce.

Why is this?

Bollocks!

Comment

<milan>

It's all the new people. Before they joined, this forum was nothing but reasoned debate, world-class comedy and green fields.

</milan>
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Bollocks!
        I don't think that you are qualified to make that judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          <milan>

It's all the new people. Before they joined, this forum was nothing but reasoned debate, world-class comedy and green fields.

</milan>
          WHS. Where are the intellectual heavyweights?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            People ask perfectly decent reasonable questions and yet every thread descends into farce.

Why is this?
            That is a very good question, and one to which I have given a considerable amount of thought.

The conclusion I have come to is that we are all <insert your own> and most of the time we don't actually frequent this site for intelligent, reasoned debate we only come here to bitch and snipe and to make bad taste jokes.

I think that on the few occasions we come here for such intelligent reasoned debate we are likely to be disappointed.... although quite often among the dross, name calling and other tulip there can be "threads within threads" which are actually quite interesting.

Errrrrrrr Hows that?

Comment

Hello. You called?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Hello. You called?
                Oh yeah - and SASGuru exists!

Comment

They post on a forum for intellectual heavyweights, not this one.

HTH
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    quite often there can be "threads within threads" which are actually quite interesting.

Errrrrrrr Hows that?
                    Funny, that, innit? Like those little cliques that form at confereces that discuss something relevant and of interest despite the overall agenda being dull. Perhaps it is the anarchist in us, or conversely, how, as social animals, we bond.

What do you make of it?
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X