• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM - Britain faces 100,000 swine flu cases a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM - Britain faces 100,000 swine flu cases a day

More than 100,000 swine flu cases could be diagnosed every day by the end of next month, the Health Secretary has warned.

Britain has moved past the stage of containing the swine flu outbreak and into the “treatment phase”, Andy Burnham told the House of Commons.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6623554.ece
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    More than 100,000 swine flu cases could be diagnosed every day by the end of next month, the Health Secretary has warned.

Britain has moved past the stage of containing the swine flu outbreak and into the “treatment phase”, Andy Burnham told the House of Commons.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6623554.ece
    Is it really doom-worthy when it's no more harmful than normal flu?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Right. Surveillance on. What are they trying to slip out whilst this smoke's up?

Comment

As long as I get it after I move house and finish this gig.

Comment

As long as they don't run out of Tamiflu

Comment

I'm sure cyberman would have had something to say, but I retired that sockpuppet due to popular demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Evolution - H1N1 will eventually adapt to become tamiflu-resistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                You'll only get Tamiflu if you're young, old or sick with something else. Normal healthy folks won't get it.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Economic impact of all those people off sick or looking after sick dependents?

Could be time to buy some shares in KimberleyClark.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    What makes it dangerous is it appears to be easily transmitted and humans have little or no immunity.

Now at present it is pretty mild, but if it mutates and the mortality rate goes up, we're looking at a lot of dead bodies.

The very young, elderly, those with underlying medical problems add up to a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                    X