• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best shave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best shave

a man thread for once!

in the opinion of the esteemed consituents what combination of blade & soap/lather/gel etc gives the best wet shave? i'm keen to find out as my current regime has deteriorated noticeably over the past year or so and i'm getting fed up turning up on the clientco site with a face resembling an accident with a toilet roll.

any ideas, experience gratefully received. and apologies if it's been done before.

Grow a beard like me, if you are able to. Shaving's a real bitch.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Gilette Fusion Power with the Gilette gel that foams up (forget what it's called). Really smooth shave and hasn't cut me in ages
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Sad to say but Gillette really are the best. Have gone from Mach3 to Fusion and it's excellent. Combine with Nivea Intensive Shaving gel and just glide those whiskers away with a one pass, against the grain movement.
        Tried King of Shaves and it was rubbish.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

do not use that king of shaves razor blade - useless. I used to use those gillette multiblade power thingies, very good but very expensive on the spare blades. I need to find something new.

the king of shaves gel is good though.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            Gilette Fusion Power with the Gilette gel that foams up (forget what it's called). Really smooth shave and hasn't cut me in ages
            Aye. Another vote here.

Not tried it on my .......
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Sounds like you also need to look at how you are shaving.

This may come in handy.

Essentially, you need to soften the hairs first by washing with warm water and allowing the water to soak in for a few minutes before applying shave foam/gel/soap.

Personally, I shave the night before which saves time in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                ^WHS

Comment

Gilette Fusion five days a week.

Saturday where appropriate - to the barbers for a proper close shave.

Lovely job.

Comment

The best a man can get
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X