• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

**** this! What the **** is going on here! Christ I've never seen anything like it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** this! What the **** is going on here! Christ I've never seen anything like it!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...ts-tumble.html

I blame Gordon.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Ramsay? Yes.

The man's an insufferable ****. So he had to put £5m of his own money into it? Ah, the diddums. ****.

Comment

Isn't his father in law head of the investment company that stumped up most of the cash for his empire.

Could be a bit of a frosty atmosphere over xmas dinner

So Gordon, it seems not only have you been shagging hookers behind my daughters back, you're halfway to bankrupting us as well you obnoxious little tool.

Comment

As well as the slump in profits, Gordon Ramsay Holdings, his restaurant company, had to deal with an unpaid backlog of VAT, corporation tax and PAYE, which totalled almost £8 million, a sum only being repaid this month.
        Wonder what their excuse for the delay was?
        Last edited by Clippy; 2 July 2009, 14:03.

Comment

show that his turnover was down 14 per cent from £41.59 million to £35.57 million while profits slid from £3.05 million to £383,325.
          1% profit on turnover?

Restaurants are a mugs game.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

He was whining about this on the radio a few weeks ago.

He expanded too fast, people stopped going out to eat, he had a cash flow crisis, he asked the bank for more money SO THAT HE DID NOT HAVE TO SPEND HIS OWN MONEY, they laughed at him, he went on the radio complaining about how the banks are horrid people.

He came across as a spoiled child who has been told he cannot have yet another advance on his pocket money to buy more sweets.

I recall my wife yelling at the radio, "Welcome to the real world, you git!"

He is loaded personally, he expects the bank to take all the risks for him and they have refused. Funny that, innit?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

yes I might pop round to give him some advice.

I mean for f*** sake what the f*** as he being doing in those f**** restaurants. If he carries on like that there'll be no f****ing customers coming.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                1% profit on turnover?

Restaurants are a mugs game.
                Must be a hell of a lot of debt as the gross profits in FMCG are astronomical.

Comment

IIRC he tried to open a restaurant in Glasgow and it went bust within a year. Perhaps he should concentrate on his amusing TV shows
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    IIRC he tried to open a restaurant in Glasgow and it went bust within a year. Perhaps he should concentrate on his amusing TV shows
                    He did - it was at the Hilton Grosvenor on Great Western Road and I eat at it. Wish I hadn't done; cost me a fortune for something tiny; so tiny in fact that on the way home we wandered into the University Cafe in Byres Road and had a pie and chips much to the at-that-time-SWMBO horror

Comment

Working...
                    X