• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got experience of Legacy Systems?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got experience of Legacy Systems?

BUSINESS ANALYST/PROJECT MANAGER/LEGACY SYSTEMS/MANCHESTER - A large telecommunications company based in Manchester are urgently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to come on board for a 6 month extendable contract. The company are currently working on Legacy Systems, and therefore require a candidate with extensive experience on them, with over 2 years being sufficient.
    FFS!
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

I prefer "Must have experience of Bespoke"

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      FFS!
      I get really annoyed when people come on here moaning that Pimps have no technical experience and just search for Keywords.....

Shirley you have "Legacy Systems" in your cv!!!!

If you phone up be sure to tell them its Legacy System V1.2

Comment

****tards. Not a ******* clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          I get really annoyed when people come on here moaning that Pimps have no technical experience and just search for Keywords.....

Shirley you have "Legacy Systems" in your cv!!!!

If you phone up be sure to tell them its Legacy System V1.2
          But I've only ever worked on legacy systems Mark 1 !
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I once got asked if I had any experience of CCS. I usually keep well clear of that nonsense.

Comment

I saw my agency re-written CV saying "microsoft sea"
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

My most favourite job ad was about ten-ish years ago.

There was a road-side poster opposite the bus stop advertising the brand new IBM AS/400.

I was reading Computing or Computer Weekly at the bus stop. It had a job ad for someone with "2 years IBM AS/400 experience".
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I used to regularly get “I see you’ve got Visual C++, but have you got any straight C++?”

Long, long ago I used to have resourcers giving me grief about the amount of experience on each model of DEC VAX I had ever programmed on, “sorry, my client is looking for more experience of 780’s; your experience of 750’s and 782’s won’t count.”
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I quite often get them ringing up for IBM mainframe positions and then I ask what operating system, z/VM, z/OS, z/TPF, zLinux or z/VSE. They then mention MVS which hasn't been around for years (mutated into OS/390 and then z/OS) and spend the next 20 minutes giving them a history of mainframe systems. In the end they only wanted a COBOL programmer or DB2 DBA, both of which I'm neither and doesn't even say it in my CV.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X