• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security clearance - moving contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security clearance - moving contracts

k;asjhdgkasjghfdkasgfdkashgjklfdaslkgfjklasgf
    Last edited by s2budd; 2 July 2009, 14:36.

(a) You must not discuss your clearance status in public, that is a breach and can lead to loss of clearance. You will find that restraint in your copy of the OSA that you will have read and signed.

(b) You can't be both SC and DV. The grades are linear, not parallel.

(c) If you don't understand either of the above points, how the hell did you get DV'd in the first place?

(d) Ask your SSO, they will know the definitive answer - when they stop laughing, that is...
    Last edited by malvolio; 2 July 2009, 14:24. Reason: must learn to type....
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
      Another security question. Yawn. Not the usual though.

I am both SC and DV cleared. If I perform a DV cleared contract for over twelve months does that mean that my SC has expired due to now using DV clearance? What would happen if I then start another contract requiring SC clearance - Would the DV be downgraded to SC or would the SC still be transferred even though it has technically expired due to me not using the SC for over twelve months.?

Confused.
      Have you asked the DVA? They have a pretty good help desk.

I suspect that your DV supercedes your SC rather than runs along side it. Once used it is valid for 10 years so even if you do an SC job for 12 months your DV will still be valid and you will be able to resurect it for your next DV role.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

They are separate but your SC will still be valid after 12 months, if you take an SC role the DV should expire immediately but in reality you can still use it up to 6 months after leaving post.

I am talking from experience BTW.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Have you asked the DVA? They have a pretty good help desk.

I suspect that your DV supercedes your SC rather than runs along side it. Once used it is valid for 10 years so even if you do an SC job for 12 months your DV will still be valid and you will be able to resurect it for your next DV role.
          With all due respect that is bollox, I've had DV in the last 5 years and despite having continuous SC the DV has expired so I can't apply for DV roles without being vetted from scratch.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            With all due respect that is bollox, I've had DV in the last 5 years and despite having continuous SC the DV has expired so I can't apply for DV roles without being vetted from scratch.
            Last I looked at the DVA info it said DV was valid for 10 years. I assumed you could resurect it like you can SC.
            I accept your reality.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X