• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No work for a week.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No work for a week.

Due to delays in clientco's software deliveries I'm now out of work for one week. I have taken drastic action to resolve this serious issue;

1 Set up inflatable pool http://www.qualityinflatables.com/im...57981large.jpg in garden
    2 Drive to wine merchants to purchase 5 cases of Muscadet.
    3 Continue on to butcher´s shop to purchase quality Parma ham and salamis.

Shall report from time to time on progress.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Due to delays in clientco's software deliveries I'm now out of work for one week. I have taken drastic action to resolve this serious issue;

1 Set up inflatable pool http://www.qualityinflatables.com/im...57981large.jpg in garden

Dont forget to set up the video camera in case your pool has one of those "You've been framed moments".

Enjoy the break.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Enjoy, whilst the rest of us are sweating out in the office.

Comment

Anyone else thinking this sounds like it could turn into some weird self loving shenanigans with the potential for suspicious death at the end?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Anyone else thinking this sounds like it could turn into some weird self loving shenanigans with the potential for suspicious death at the end?
          That'll be just you................. again........... Snaw.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Good stuff. I salute you on the preparedness of your continuity plan and your readiness to carry it out without complaint.
            (closest smiley to salute)

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              You are Michael Barrymore AICMFP

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                That'll be just you................. again........... Snaw.
                Oh.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Are you a cricket fan? If so I'd call that bl00dy good timing!
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    Are you a cricket fan? If so I'd call that bl00dy good timing!
                    Indeed. Rather looking forward to sitting under my favourite tree with a glass of wine, some salami, TMS on the radio and a pool to jump in if it all gets too hot and tiring to bear.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X