• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question Time - How Is This Possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Time - How Is This Possible?

There was a bloke who works in Local Government slagging the government. Yet according to CyberTory and all his band on merry followers on here everyone in the public sector supports Labour as blindly and rabidly as he supports the Tories.

In life - often a man becomes that which he despises.

Jean Paul Satre

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      There was a bloke who works in Local Government slagging the government. Yet according to CyberTory and all his band on merry followers on here everyone in the public sector supports Labour as blindly and rabidly as he supports the Tories.
      1) CT may be exagerating
      2) the guy may be lying
      2a) he may be a plant
      3) he may be a genuine but FTAC haven't found him until now

One thing for sure - he'll be banged up by now.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It is possible to rant and rave about crap Government but still vote for them you know.

Without getting into the "knowing" how people vote:

The Tories have said that they will cut public spending. That has to mean slimming down the civil service.

NL have expanded the civil service and say they want to invest in the future. Even if the country is falling apart civil servants have safe jobs and pension under NL.

I know some of that was sweeping generalisation, but it is the basic argument.
        If you were a civil servant who would you be voting for? Would you be swayed either way if you knew your job was possibly not essential? Would that stop you saying how badly you think the country is run?
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

A wise sage once told me "It doesn't matter who you vote for, 'The Government' always wins"

Comment

PB is slightly naive and needs to grow up. As I've said before, Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, and therefore it's pretty obvious that most public sector workers, union members, and benefit-happy people will vote Labour. To use one example of a guy that seems to imply that he is going to vote Tory is stupid. Of course there may be the odd few, but that does not defeat the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              NL have expanded the civil service and say they want to invest in the future. Even if the country is falling apart civil servants have safe jobs and pension under NL...
              As readers/viewers of Yes Minister will know, that's because the ministers were house trained by the civil servants very quickly. How many of the 1997 cabinet had ever held ministerial appointments or even been part of the government before? Very few.

6 out of 22.
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 3 July 2009, 10:24. Reason: Added in the stats
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Harriet Harm Man was appalling last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  Harriet Harm Man was appalling last night.
                  Spot on...... She was awful......
                  2nd only to the Awful Beckett (sp) woman a few weeks ago.......
                  and possibly Blears - I don't actually remember her on it recently but she would have been Tulip!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    PB is slightly naive and needs to grow up. As I've said before, Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, and therefore it's pretty obvious that most public sector workers, union members, and benefit-happy people will vote Labour. To use one example ....is stupid.
                    Hilarious, and total and utter bollocks - some things don't change.

Comment

Working...
                    X