• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you think this is a waste of time & tax payers money, why not simply just reject

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think this is a waste of time & tax payers money, why not simply just reject

Do you think this is a waste of time & tax payers money, why not simply just reject her application in the first place and have done with it ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8130541.stm

My wife works on a council school admissions department, this sort of thing happens all the time.

These league tables have screwed the system up, there's one failing school in the area that only had 70 first choice applicants when they have space for 1,000+. There's little hope for that school or any of its pupils as the current system perpetuates a downward spiral.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The whole schools admission system is a pile of sh1t. The appeal system is laughable as well. What happened to you going to your local school (or pay to go private)?

My parents live in Wales and amongst the criteria for the village school is whether your parents WORK in Wales or not. The family who live next door to the school have to send their 7 year old kid 10 miles to school because they both work over the border in England.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        The whole schools admission system is a pile of tulip. The appeal system is laughable as well. What happened to you going to your local school (or pay to go private)?

My parents live in Wales and amongst the criteria for the village school is whether your parents WORK in Wales or not. The family who live next door to the school have to send their 7 year old kid 10 miles to school because they both work over the border in England.
        Discrimination against migrant workers!
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

It's a small minority of parents who won't knuckle down and do what they're told, that's causing the problem. Not the hugely smegged up admission system.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Agree. Or maybe there were so many doing it they thought somebody had to be "made an example of"
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The Fraud Act is a bit of a catch-all; it's so badly or loosely written that you can be caught on it for a mistake rather than a deliberate act.

Comment

My wife tells me that people often rent a property within a catchment area to get a place in a desirable school then move back when the dust settles.

Difficult to prove that it's a deliberate act just to get the place.

I’ve also heard that the local Catholic primary that I went to now has near 70% Polish kids so indigenous parents are taking their kids out so they can be educated in more ‘English’ environment, the school has it’s own admissions policy where religion is the number one factor on deciding who gets a place which is fair enough I suppose.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

If she is so innocent why didnt she explain the irregularities or turn up at the meetings. Anyway I know alot about this case for reasons I wont go into but IMO she was a b*ll sh*tter, knew what she had lied etc. Alright the council made an example of her but what she did is a very big problem in the Harrow council area, lots of families living close to each other using uncles and aunts addresses for school apps.

Comment

Nu-Liebore's answer is to have a lucky dip for entry. If you have 4 kids you could quite easily have them attending 4 different schools. What a crock.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X