• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blunkett only guilty of a mistake, says Blair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blunkett only guilty of a mistake, says Blair

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/...606689,00.html

"Tony Blair decreed last night that David Blunkett's mishandling of his backbench business career was a mistake and not a "deliberate flouting" of the rules for which he ought to resign.",

That's ok then.

Milan.

Going, going, ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4398004.stm

Under-fire Work and Pensions Secretary David Blunkett has been summoned to Downing Street to see Tony Blair amid growing speculation about his future.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

gone....

Blunkett resigns from the Cabinet

wonder if he has anything on Bliar like Mandy and if he'll be back in due course or in a nice job in Europe

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        Tony Blair decreed last night that David Blunkett's mishandling of his backbench business career was a mistake and not a "deliberate flouting" of the rules for which he ought to resign.
        Does Tony Blair ever get anything right?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Does Tony Blair ever get anything right?
          Those whom would accuse Tony Blair of incompetence are concealing Weapons of Mass Desctruction ...

Comment

what are you people giving out weblinks to the Guardian or the BBC, aren't you reading the Mail, the Sun or the Torygraph or at least the Spectator like proper freemarket-loving, conservative contractors?
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
              what are you people giving out weblinks to the Guardian or the BBC, aren't you reading the Mail, the Sun or the Torygraph or at least the Spectator like proper freemarket-loving, conservative contractors?
              Not right wing enough. I read the Daily B@st@rd. They don't have a web link.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC News
                In the Commons today, Tony Blair has paid tribute to Mr Blunkett, describing him as a "decent and honourable man".
                Is this the same Mr Blunkett who messes around with other men's wives?

Comment

Notice he hasn't tried it on with Cherie though. Mind you, he is blind, not sick.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Not right wing enough. I read the Daily B@st@rd. They don't have a web link.
                    You too W ?

I cant abide a Sunday afternoon without a good read of the Weekly Warmonger.

The Warmonger ...Favoring policies that reward the rich and punish the poor

Comment

Working...
                    X