• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

so what did Capita do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what did Capita do?

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004428.html

It's not going to do their share price any good being singled out by the probable next PM, especially when they do a lot of public sector work! Considering what some of the other big names are like getting singled out is pretty bad isn't it?

Otherwise I think he has 1/2 a good idea, but not quite sure how its going to work in practice and if it will really make much of a difference to any of us?

Well he has got a point - most of these companies are truely useless with government projects. Whether smaller companies can do any better though is debatable (although they may be a tad more efficient)

Comment

Crapita

Also collect the TV licence

Comment

What did Capita do?

Telegraph: linky

And this is when they have been caught. Government business, all your jobs been taken away from British contractors and sold to Bob and his ilk, etc All the result of back handers to nuLieBore.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DSW View Post
          Capita
          You missed the silent 'r'. Crapita.

I worked for subsidiary of Crapita. They considered mediocrity something to aspire to.

At an appraisal, the boss told me to remember who pays my mortgage. Apparently, despite the fact that I was solving 80% of all issues coming into to our team of four (the others were solving the easy 20%), I wasn't a team player, because I arrived at 9am, and left at 5pm, while they were working extra hours for no extra pay. I resigned at that point, and went contracting.

I suppose they could have improved since then.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It is almost a rule that the larger the company the less efficient they are but they stay in business by being the only ones large enought to take on, finance and manage these huge projects.

How exactly would a bunch of small companies cooperate to deliver a multi billion pound project? The resuts would probably be even worse. Not sure Cameron is my idea of a business expert.

Maybe a better solution would be to have more expertise on the government side to properly specify it actually needs, to monitor what is done and to enforce the contract properly.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

These outfits might be voluntary groups or small firms, but both would typically be “inventive and doing exciting things,” Mr Cameron said in a speech in London
              That would be intersting. In my experience most voluntary groups are largely run and staffed by a combination of the elderly and the mentally ill.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If I may use the NHS as an example, it was going along kind of OK with a bottom up approach to software, they should have made a standards group with all the suppliers and purchasers and came up with some interoperable specs and that would have been fine.

Why labour had to come along and ditch that for a total top down approach involving places like capita with a past record of crapness is beyond me. I am sure of you are a Labor politician making these decisions the choice is all to clear with the offer of a job after politics.

Comment

I'd pick on EDS <spit> first.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

So basically they were doing the same as what i suspect the other big names do, but they got caught and because they hadnt given anything (or enough) to the tories they kicked up a fuss (note I'm not saying that they were right in what they were doing, just that the system seems a little crooked)

Surely this is more about the integrity of politicians as much as anything else as they seem to have some pretty big conflicts of interests? Oh well at least they are not self regulated or anything...

Comment

Working...
                    X