• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors loan in P11D

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors loan in P11D

I am deciding how to report directors loan on the P11D.

The P11D obviously runs from 6 April 08 - 5 April 09 however the last set of accounts i have run from 1 Oct 07 - 30 Sep 08.

The loan flutuates dramatically during the year from £500 up to £8k but as i do not know what is outstanding on 5 April 09 how are you meant to account for this? Do you have to estimate the amount between Oct 08 - 5 April 09?
    I am stuck and need some help.

An estimate would probably do but it isn't hard to calculate the running total. Ins of the loan account are sums paid to you, outs are what you are owed - expenses you paid yourself, gross salary and dividends. Cut and paste from your excel sheets for given period? you must have supplied your accountant with all the details.

PS It has to go over £5k in the personal tax year to be a potential BIK.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 3 July 2009, 10:39.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
    X