• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Michael Owen to join Sc*m

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Owen to join Sc*m

Better not visit Liverpool any time soon!

Michael Owen undergoing medical at Manchester United
    Michael Owen is at Manchester United's training ground undergoing a medical ahead of his proposed move to Old Trafford.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html
    Bored.

scraping the barrell aren't they.

Lost Ronaldo, Tevez
    Lost out on Benzema

Why not buy a clapped out impotent replacement?

Such a shame to see the scummers stoop to these levels

Comment

He's there to keep Rooney's seat warm.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

He will score a good few goals for them.

Comment

Free transfer and "pay-per-play" with smallish basic. Fergie ain't stupid - he loses nothing but gets a once-good player desperate to make his mark again. I'd say it was a good deal for a super-sub.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well at least he doesn't have to lower himself by talking to Hull now. I'dve liked us to have got him, but would've still been dead expensive by our standards, but nice that we could be linked with him!

As for him signing for Man Utd, good deal all round. Owen is at a top team that will create chances for him, also he isn't going to be relied on as a saviour like he would be at 'lower' teams. Great chance for him to stake a place for the World Cup.

Man Utd can get him fit as won't need to rely on him, and if it doesn't work out then the however much in wages is small change.

Ok he's not the player he was, but he's still got it. The problem at Newcastle was they were throwing him back in when wasn't ready, and was playing in a team that weren't creating chances and had no morale at all.

Comment

Would be good news for England if he could prove himself and make the world cup squad. There isn't a wealth of talented young strikers knocking on the door right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nexxy View Post
                Would be good news for England if he could prove himself and make the world cup squad. There isn't a wealth of talented young strikers knocking on the door right now.
                Agreed. And he's not a total arse like so many of his colleagues.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post

Owen is at a top team that will create chances for him.
                  And that is the problem with Owen, he wants and needs people to create chance for HIM.
                  All the other top notch strikers in the prem are capable of creating their own chances.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    And that is the problem with Owen, he wants and needs people to create chance for HIM.
                    All the other top notch strikers in the prem are capable of creating their own chances.
                    I'll give you that, he certainly isn't a team player. And that's the reason I'm glad Hull (or Stoke for that matter...) didn't get involved, can't see him putting the shift in, unlike the lad we're supposedly getting from Man U who we know can work for the team.

I wonder how many assists Owen will provide?

Comment

Working...
                    X