• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At least in Denmark

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least in Denmark

Just been in conversation via telephone with a bank in the UK. Good grief. At least in Denmark when you phone up your Bank you get thru' to someone who can speak English.

You lot left in the UK, enjoy...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

And 5, yes five, days to transfer money from one account to another, with the same account holder in the same branch of the same bank, now WTF is that all about?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

it's got nothing to do with the physical location of the accounts
      We are in the electronic age you know
      5 days is a delay that has no technical reason at all, the banks have imposed it to make money while the cash is "in between accounts" and they can get away with it and if you don't like it, then take out your cash and hide it under your mattress
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
        it's got nothing to do with the physical location of the accounts
        We are in the electronic age you know
        5 days is a delay that has no technical reason at all, the banks have imposed it to make money while the cash is "in between accounts" and they can get away with it and if you don't like it, then take out your cash and hide it under your mattress

Aye RL

A complete rip off by our beloved Banking Industry.

BTW RL, cruious about Lesbian Free Space thingy ?

I must admit I am rather fond of Lesbians ... so any Lesbians out there with an interest in SNA systems programming please get in touch.

PS Sense of Humour optional.

Comment

if you don't like it, then take out your cash and hide it under your mattress

Or I will look after it under my mattress.....for a small fee...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            And 5, yes five, days to transfer money from one account to another, with the same account holder in the same branch of the same bank, now WTF is that all about?
            5 days!!, what sort of banks are you people using?

I can transfer money between accounts in different countries and currencies online in all of 5 seconds...

Comment

I can transfer money between accounts in different countries and currencies online in all of 5 seconds...
              You can do it in 5 seconds, but do you think the money is available in the target account after 5 seconds? No. After 5 days yes.

AJP, I am scared of one-armed lesbians - there was a thread a few weeks ago about them (not sure what started it) and the image stuck to my mind. I have checked around me here at work and the place is free of one-armed lesbian, thank God.

But I know you guys quite like lesbians in general, so if I come across any I will let you know.
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

You can do it in 5 seconds, but do you think the money is available in the target account after 5 seconds? No. After 5 days yes.
                NO!, after 5 seconds its in my bank account, i.e. I transfer it online from the UK to here, in another window can immediately check the balance on the Belgium account or, as I did once before, head down to the cashpoint and take the money out.

As I said before, what sort of bank accounts are you people using?...

Comment

Oh, you can do better than that

AJP, I am scared of one-armed lesbians - there was a thread a few weeks ago about them (not sure what started it) and the image stuck to my mind. I have checked around me here at work and the place is free of one-armed lesbian, thank God.

But I know you guys quite like lesbians in general, so if I come across any I will let you know.
                  If you do come across one (fnarr fnarr), can you let us have the photographs?
                  Why not?

Comment

Thats most kind of you , as I mentioned its only Lesbians who have an avid interest in SNA Systems Programming that I would be interested in.

Am I perhaps asking for too much ?

Or should I include those who have VTAM interests too to widen my net ?

PS For those who dont know VTAM is IBM speak for Virtual Telecommuncications Access Method.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 November 2005, 12:47.

Comment

Working...
                    X