• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A wonderful British Achievement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wonderful British Achievement

BBC: Beer runs out at annual festival

Something to be proud of.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

12/10 for effort there, that displays some real dedication.

Comment

It's quite common for beer festivals to run out. As a member of CAMRA I speak from unfortunate experience. The Ascot beer festival ran out very early last year, and for that reason this year they will have a considerably larger supply. I will be working though, hopefully, which will ensure that I have close and regular easy access to supplies.

Comment

Bloody CAMRA. They ran out of beer by 9pm at a local BEER festival, and didn't tell us until after we'd paid our entrance fee and gone into the hall.

We went back to the CAMRA bloke on the door and he just said "Nothing to do with me". About 5 seconds later it was a lot to do with him.

Comment

We're pretty good on bikes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/8135165.stm
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
          X