• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hooray! Tax payers helping Korean industry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! Tax payers helping Korean industry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...car-sales.html

The Government’s scrappage scheme has almost halved the decline in new UK car sales and caused a major shake-up of the top-selling brands, figures released today will show.

Hyundai's performance, led by its small cars the i10, i20, and i30, should propel the South Korean group into the top five UK car brands, above the likes of Volkswagen, Fiat and Peugeot, in terms of private sales.

Excellent! We've all helped knock crap out some European manufacturers and put our taxes into boosting Asian brands.

The Hyundai dealer near me has accounted for 1% of all scrappage trade-ins for the whole of the UK.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Excellent! We've all helped knock crap out some European manufacturers and put our taxes into boosting Asian brands.
      And?

Maybe the European companies should focus on making decent cars.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        And?

Maybe the European companies should focus on making decent cars.
        You really do miss the point don't you?

Taxpayers money put into a scheme that on the whole does not benefit UK or European manufacturers.

But hey? Lets not worry about that lets help improve the stakes of Korean companies.

Why not offer UK manufacturers tax cuts with our money instead?

Comment

There aren't any UK manufacturers, they're all owned by overseas companies. Except Morgan, I suppose, but they hardly count anyway, do they?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            There aren't any UK manufacturers, they're all owned by overseas companies. Except Morgan, I suppose, but they hardly count anyway, do they?
            Another twat.

Honda are not "British" but they employ people and pay UK taxes.

In doing so they help our economy.

I said tax cuts for UK manufacturers. i.e. companies that have factories in the UK.

Comment

companies that have factories in the UK.
              That's different, knobhead.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

You really do miss the point don't you?

Taxpayers money put into a scheme that on the whole does not benefit UK or European manufacturers.

But hey? Lets not worry about that lets help improve the stakes of Korean companies.

Why not offer UK manufacturers tax cuts with our money instead?
                1)I'm not aware the scheme is deliberately set up to aid Asian companies, they just happen to make the most popular cars. Maybe you don't support free trade?
                2)Would you rather the English bolstered the French economy?

I agree the scheme isn't that great, but the fact is most of our stuff in the UK is imported so anything encouraging spending ultimately means money leaving the nation.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

£2K off and a 5 year warrenty. can't go wrong really.

I haven't seen too many 09 plates around up here...must be all down south.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                  X