• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where should I move my Sterling to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should I move my Sterling to?

If Sterling is doomed, where do I move my sterling to?

Has Sterling recovered as much as it can against other currencies?

Is it time to convert yet?

What do you convert to?

Advise please (currency not spelling)
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Physical gold, Swiss Francs.

Comment

I would advise investing in a global fund, this way you'll be protected against any currency movements. I've distributed my investments pretty smoothly accross the globe, with a huge dash of commodities, including fairly sizeable investment in a Gold mine. My remaining cash is in Euro, as I think the Euro is more stable than the pound and dollar.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Has Sterling recovered as much as it's going to?

Are we at the end of the current bounce?
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Has Sterling recovered as much as it's going to?

Are we at the end of the current bounce?
          Do not believe in forecasts, especially about the future.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            You must be right about that, considering how little agreement there is about forecasts about the past.

Comment

Just buy property in the UK and your money will be safe in the long-run.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                How much the UK is in debt is not a forecast
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I read yesterday that many Expats are now buying property in the UK because property is more than 30% cheaper than it was very recently when taking into account the weakness of the pound plus market falls. I also read of a couple that had sealed bids for three separate properties had lost them all. It's not so easy now to see the market falling any further, so it just has to be the best time to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    I read yesterday that many Expats are now buying property in the UK because property is more than 30% cheaper than it was very recently when taking into account the weakness of the pound plus market falls. I also read of a couple that had sealed bids for three separate properties had lost them all. It's not so easy now to see the market falling any further, so it just has to be the best time to buy.

I am currently not interested in buying in the UK as the cost of ownership is currently so high, and may get higher. Insurance, minium charges for gas, ele, etc. 'con. tax', the list goes on.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X