• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outdated universal broadband would be 'pointless'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdated universal broadband would be 'pointless'

Regarding that tax they're putting on your 'phone bill to upgrade my broadband: pointless.

Providing universal broadband access is pointless if the service is outdated, an independent IT advisor has said.

... Business and Enterprise Committee ... inquiry into the government's ambition to introduce universal access to broadband at a speed of 2Mbps by 2012.

... 'There's little point in making 2Mbps available to everybody if it ends up being an expensive and highly restrictive mess of a service that is incapable of keeping up with modern demands'
    Never mind. It's just a tax to subsidise BT anyway.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Regarding that tax they're putting on your 'phone bill to upgrade my broadband: pointless.

Never mind. It's just a tax to subsidise BT anyway.
    By which time mobile broadband will have eclipsed 2Mbps anyway...
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
    X