• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My details vs Ltd details on CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My details vs Ltd details on CV

Hi All,

It's been a while since I posted so I thought I'd dip my toe in the water again.

I was sure there were previous threads on this but my search skills seem to have failed me.

I'm updating my CV as project I'm working on is in it's final stages. I have my own Ltd and this has been my first gig as a contractor.

Basically I'm a bit stuck on what details of my Ltd I put on my CV. Do I include a line in my Career Summary that states I run a Ltd that provides services (i.e. moi) to a global bank. Or do I just have the CV refer to me and bring up the Ltd when discussing terms.

(No doubt a newbie enough question to incur the wrath of the more sarcastically inclined within this forum, but I'd appreciate feedback or links to previous topics that will help enlighten this confused noob)

Cheers,
    Alan

You might as well do it as a personal CV. The agents and clients want it that way.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I would just leave it behind the scenes, something like this should do:

May 2008 - May 2009 ClientCo3 (Project manager - Contract)

May 2007 - May 2008 ClientCo2 (Project manager)

May 2006 - May 2007 ClientCo1 (Development manager)

Comment

I keep it as a personal CV : but next to each job add contract or permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I keep it as a personal CV : but next to each job add contract or permanent.
          This

Comment

What they all said.

Keep it personal or you will only confuse the simple minded Agents and HR people.

Comment

Thanks for the info folks.

Regards,
              Alan

Comment

Limited company name between my name and my address.
                (via FarmerPalmer Limited) next to each contract position to distinguish them.

Comment

Working...
                X