• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recycling box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling box

My new green recycling box is smaller.

From the council recycling FAQ:

Why is my new green box smaller?

The recycling contractors have reviewed their Health and Safety policies and due to the Manual Handling Regulations issuing larger boxes is now not advisable. Therefore it has been agreed that they will not issue boxes greater than 33 litres in the future

Should we drink less or start putting empties back in the bin?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

What a bunch of Manual Handling Regulators.

Comment

Typical contractors making work for themselves to stay busy
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Two boxes?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Load of cobblers....

It's to encourage recycling, smaller box means you can put less stuff in it. If you don't want it spilling all over your garden, you'll find more ways to recycle...

Simples
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Two boxes?
            I actually have 5 boxes!
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              I actually have 5 boxes!
              Return the extras to your neighbours and stop nicking them as planters perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Two boxes?
                Would like to get 2 recycle bins (my food and other bins are big enough). But Mrs BP says 3 bins are enough!

Every so often (christmas, buying stuff with lots of boxes) I have to drive to the recycle point. So thats more CO2 released.....

Comment

Best not to recycle then....

Comment

Just take all the bottles and cans that won't fit and put them somewhere where nobody will notice them. I wait until I have a boot full and then I drop them off in the Lakes - hardly anybody sems to live there so who cares.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X