• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the correct etiquette?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the correct etiquette?

Having a Wilmslow moment sorry.

My apartment on the mainland is on the fifth floor and there's no lift. When getting something delivered, deliveryboyo presses a buzzer for me to open the main door.

Should I go down to meet them or let them tramp up the 122 steps to my flat?

For food delivery it's ok because I tip but for non food stuff I feel a bit guilty making them walk all the way up.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

My apartment on the mainland is on the fifth floor and there's no lift. When getting something delivered, deliveryboyo presses a buzzer for me to open the main door.

For food delivery it's ok because I tip but for non food stuff I feel a bit guilty making them walk all the way up.
    It depends... is it some hot food? If so, I would go down and get it...eat it...leave the rubbish there....then come back up again. No point making the delivery person suffer for your enjoyment.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Depends if you have paid for delivery innit.
      If so then they are getting paid to bring it up the stairs. If it is free delivery then give em a big tip (unless the food is cold when it gets there).
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Drop a basket on a rope out of the window. Then haul it up.

Comment

Lazy fecker made me go down and get it!

Comment

Lazy fliper made me go down and get it!
            Lazy bastard! Hope you didn't either (a) pay for delivery or (b) give him a tip.

Comment

Lazy fliper made me go down and get it!
              what was it ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                what was it ?
                Luggage.

Comment

Luggage.
                  The basted.

absolute git.

I bet if you were a gorgeous blonde with jiggly double D's, he would have brought that luggage up pronto

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I bet if you were a gorgeous blonde with jiggly double D's, he would have brought that luggage up pronto
                    If I had my own jiggly DDs why would I leave the house in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                    X