• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pimps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimps

Apologies, in advance, that this isn't a rant about how sh!t pimps are.

I spent the weekend in quiet contemplation about the Menelaus brand and what I could use it for. Despite being a codemonkey I'm also a bit of a creative (when I'm off my meds) and have identified five USPs for Menelaus as a "brand", including:

1. Speed - delivering models and thus benefit in extra-fast time

2. Price - as a smaller organisation than the competitors, models are a lot cheaper

3. Disclosure - unlike competitors, disclosing the full detail of how a model works, including weightings

4. Innovation - creating new modelling methods and types which make life better and easier

5. Cross-pollination - working in a number of research fields means better view of model development

So here's the question. Can any of you recommend a pimp who'd be good to find me an excellent sales director? As noted above, as a codemonkey, I'm a-bit-more-than-adequate, as a salesman I'm rubbish.

Sounds Dodgy to me.

Comment

Oi'l do it forra fiver.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've started going to a networking breakfast to build up opportunities and to find good marketing people etc.

I've already found a good marketing person who I am in discussion with about building "Brand FSM". Haven't started anything yet, but definitely looks like the right way to go.

A tip for free:

Turn your service into a product. People find it difficult to visualise what you do when you offer a service. By making it a product they understand what they are buying.
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Serious question:

If you found the man you were looking for, how would you incentivise him to get on board?

PM me if you prefer.

<admin note>Have upgraded your account to allow PM use</admin note>

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
            I've started going to a networking breakfast to build up opportunities and to find good marketing people etc.

I've already found a good marketing person who I am in discussion with about building "Brand FSM". Haven't started anything yet, but definitely looks like the right way to go.

A tip for free:

Turn your service into a product. People find it difficult to visualise what you do when you offer a service. By making it a product they understand what they are buying.
            So for example lets take the following services

C# Programming
            Data modelling
            SQL Server 2005/2008
            Web development

These are the component parts of building a web enabled database and deploying it. How would one make this a product? Just a starter for ten would be nice.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

A tip for free:

Is this a full English or Continental
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                So for example lets take the following services

C# Programming
                Data modelling
                SQL Server 2005/2008
                Web development

These are the component parts of building a web enabled database and deploying it. How would one make this a product? Just a starter for ten would be nice.
                Dunno yet. Haven't paid marketing guy lots of money to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Is this a full English or Continental
                  Straight to the important stuff
                  You get to choose i.e. Men choose English, Women choose some yougerty thing.

Comment

Dunno yet. Haven't paid marketing guy lots of money to find out.
                    Oh, and, FYI? I won't be either.

Marketing = bollocks, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                    X