• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suppression of news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppression of news

Apparently there was a big demo in Birmingham at the weekend. I heard about it on the radio last night during a phone in. It seems PC gone mad.

What sort of demo?

Comment

There are often big demos that no-one hears about.

The media only care about eye catching stunts.

Get the right stunt and you get masses of coverage.

As I discovered......

Comment

'Tis true.

Anti-muslim Protest in Birmingham 4th July 2009

Football Fans Come Out Against Islamisation: Birmingham – 4 July 2009

The English Defence League march in Birmingham, 4th July 2009
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

How many attended the demo?

Comment

Hilarious..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOwtPJNsAM

you mean you missed that? Oh damn!
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

No BBC link though. You can bet that if it had been the other way round there would be publicity.

Comment

You're right, been searching and the only places I can find reference to it are on far right political group websites.

Can't find a single reference in any newspaper/website other than that.

It's oppression is what it is, not publishing the details of far right marches in this country ...

BTW Can't seem to find any reference on numbers attending, what constitutes huge?
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

There were up to a hundred apparently. Obviously, suppression keeps attendances down.

Listening to the phone in on Talksport last night it was interesting to hear that a number of the protestors were non-whites. I would say that approx. 75% of callers were in favour of this demo and discussion of the issues rather than sweeping them under the carpet.

One guy that phoned in was a non-muslim Pakistani who compared devout muslims with being fascists in that they are totally intolerant of other religions, and their aim is to have an Islamic state in the UK. Coming from a Pakistani living in the UK, that is very telling indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    There were up to a hundred apparently. Obviously, suppression keeps attendances down.

Listening to the phone in on Talksport last night it was interesting to hear that a number of the protestors were non-whites. I would say that approx. 75% of callers were in favour of this demo and discussion of the issues rather than sweeping them under the carpet.

One guy that phoned in was a non-muslim Pakistani who compared devout muslims with being fascists in that they are totally intolerant of other religions, and their aim is to have an Islamic state in the UK. Coming from a Pakistani living in the UK, that is very telling indeed.
                    You call hundred a big demo?

Would be suprised if it made the local paper.

With a gimmick that will never get media attention.

There was once a demo for 60,000 that received 1 column inch in the independent.

Comment

Working...
                    X