• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Youthful Hearing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youthful Hearing

It seems that my hearing has not been damaged through the many loud rock concerts and prolonged use of headphones.

In the place where I'm staying I had the window open because it was hot. I could hear a really annoying high pitched whine. It went on forever and you could hear it over the noise of the TV etc. I asked at reception and was told it was one of those Mosquito things that are supposed to be heard by kids - well I'm not a kid and I could hear it perfectly well and it's really fookin annoying. So the choice is bake with the window closed or be nice and cool but ready to kill because of this annoying and never ending whine.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Sorry, what was that? Couldn't hear you.

Probably tinnitus.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      It seems that my hearing has not been damaged through the many loud rock concerts and prolonged use of headphones.

In the place where I'm staying I had the window open because it was hot. I could hear a really annoying high pitched whine. It went on forever and you could hear it over the noise of the TV etc. I asked at reception and was told it was one of those Mosquito things that are supposed to be heard by kids - well I'm not a kid and I could hear it perfectly well and it's really fookin annoying. So the choice is bake with the window closed or be nice and cool but ready to kill because of this annoying and never ending whine.
      Buy a pair of 'Frequo-shift' headphones.
      They work by adding an intermediate frquency to the sound which can take an annoying whine out of your hearing range, you can use them in the ocean to listen in to whale conversations and reverse them to listen to whats happening at jodrell bank.
      You can get them at Tescos for a tenner

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If they switch the Mosquito off the local yobs will be around to smash the place up and make loads of noise. you cant win either way. except shoot all the teenagers.

HTH

Comment

Having a mild head cold can make you able to hear high frequencies.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            If they switch the Mosquito off the local yobs will be around to smash the place up and make loads of noise. you cant win either way. except shoot all the teenagers.

HTH
            To be honest you wouldn't see a difference if they did.

As suggested I think I'll get some noice cancelling headphones - handy for the plane anyway
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              Sorry, what was that? Couldn't hear you.

Probably tinnitus.

Too much time on a range or in the back of a hercy-bird!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Too much time on a range or in the back of a hercy-bird!
                Don't know what you mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  Don't know what you mean!
                  My hearing is bolloxed. The fur growing out of my ears doesn't help!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    My hearing is bolloxed. The fur growing out of my ears doesn't help!
                    Hmmmm it's selective hearing, I think you have....
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X