• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Google should replace NHS IT system'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Google should replace NHS IT system'

not wanting to be anti-tory as it doesn't seem to be the done thing around here... but isn't this the complete opposite of what David Cameron said a few days ago (give it to the small guys).

oh and I think giving Microsoft, or even google the NHS stuff would be an incredibly bad idea. afaik they dont even do that type of work.- ok Microsoft a bit, but still sounds crazy. Having said that, I doubt they could make it much worse...

So do the tories actually have an IT plan or are they just throwing random ideas about?

I got the impression that google already have a product available. Same with microsoft.

Comment

Yeah, right. Give yet another huge database of personal data to a Merkin corporation. Thanks.

FFS. They learn nothing, do they? Any of them.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I ain't got a problem with either microsoft or google maintaining the system, for the amount of money involved I am sure they would allow a dedicated farm only to be used for the NHS with tighter security, well that is what I would negotiate for.

If they have a product ready while we are spending billions writing some crapfest that hardly works then let's go for the product.

Comment

WHS+1.

The creation of a mahoosively expensive CfH NHSIT programme has been and threatens to be a white-elephant of, well, elephantine proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by DSW View Post
            not wanting to be anti-tory as it doesn't seem to be the done thing around here... but isn't this the complete opposite of what David Cameron said a few days ago (give it to the small guys).
            You can be as anti-tory as you like. It's being pro-nuLieBore that will get you into trouble and end up with you getting

oh and I think giving Microsoft, or even google the NHS stuff would be an incredibly bad idea. afaik they dont even do that type of work.- ok Microsoft a bit, but still sounds crazy. Having said that, I doubt they could make it much worse...
            True.

So do the tories actually have an IT plan or are they just throwing random ideas about?
            No and Yes.

BTW.

DSW, do you like movies about gladiators?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              DSW, do you like movies about gladiators?
              HAB, have you stopped drinking that bromide tea the court had prescribed for you?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I ain't got a problem with either microsoft or google maintaining the system, for the amount of money involved I am sure they would allow a dedicated farm only to be used for the NHS with tighter security, well that is what I would negotiate for.

If they have a product ready while we are spending billions writing some crapfest that hardly works then let's go for the product.
                WHS - I think it's a great idea.
                Bored.

Comment

gladiators?

i keep imagining my igoogle portal: news | mail | products | nhs

scare tactic scenario that I see is that since M$ and google (do no evil my ) if the US courts asked for information from them would they not fold like a pack of card? ok thats enough fud for now.

I assume all the NHS stuff would have to meet GSI standards though, so could they even merge into existing data centres that easily?

tbh I don't really understand why the NHS project is that difficult, anyone care to enlighten me?

Comment

gladiators?

i keep imagining my igoogle portal: news | mail | products | nhs
                    I just signed up for google health to give it a try so I have 'health' on my menu!

Comment

Working...
                    X