• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Beauty of the Moon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beauty of the Moon

Last night I observed the Moon with a Telescope - do you ever look at the Moon and then admire its beauty ?

Maybe you are too caught up with your wee thoughts and perhaps you are too busy to appreciate it - yet- the Moon is beautiful.

This lunar beauty
    Has no history
    Is complete and early,
    If beauty later
    Bear any feature
    It had a lover
    And is another.

This like a dream
    Keeps other time
    And daytime is
    The loss of this,
    For time is inches
    And the heart's changes
    Where ghost has haunted
    Lost and wanted.

But this was never
    A ghost's endeavor
    Nor finished this,
    Was ghost at ease,
    And till it pass
    Love shall not near
    The sweetness here
    Nor sorrow take
    His endless look.

WH Auden

You been on the spacedust again AJP?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

WH Auden

"That's no moon"
      Alec Guinness

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

"That's no moon"
        Alec Guinness
        My dog thinks it is a hot air balloon, and tries to attack it.
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Have you ever wondered why it seems to fit perfectly over the disc of the sun when it's an eclipse? It had to be exactly the right size and distance from earth for it to do that. Scientists say it's a coincendence but I have a hunch it's not. Some will say it's the hand of God but I don't buy that. Anyone got any alternative suggestions?

Comment

Last night I observed the Moon with a Telescope - do you ever look at the Moon and then admire its beauty ?
            What telescope do you have?

Do you have any moon filters for it? I was considering buying some, cos it's a little too bright.
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              You been on the spacedust again AJP?
              Au contraire - in fact I find people who are under the influence of the above to be too self absorbed to notice anything other than their own shoddy little vain egos - let alone the Beauty of the Moon which trancends our timebound egos.

To find the Moon beautiful - with a very clear mind- is a very natural thing - dont you think so ?

Comment

Have you seen the 87 megapixel image of the moon? Made from 288 separate images stuck together.

Comment

Au contraire - in fact I find people who are under the influence of the above to be too self absorbed to notice anything other than their own shoddy little vain egos - let alone the Beauty of the Moon which trancends our timebound egos.

To find the Moon beautiful - with a very clear mind- is a very natural thing - dont you think so ?
                  Absolutely.

Btw, is there anything that humans have left up there that can be seen with a telescope?

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                    Have you ever wondered why it seems to fit perfectly over the disc of the sun when it's an eclipse?
                    Utter bollocks. No it does not.

FOAD, superstitious, ignorant, lie-spreading god-botherer.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X