• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Todays enticing job prospect.. v2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays enticing job prospect.. v2

C# Developer. A C# Developer is required by a major investment bank. The ideal candidate will have 7 years commercial experience using C# and Sybase/SQL or Oracle with 3 of those being within an investment bank. Please do not apply if you do not have the required experience.
    Location London
    Country England
    Start Date ASAP / 4 Weeks
    Duration 6 months +
    Rate 450-550/Day

I dont think his mailbox will be very full....

http://www.jobserve.com/WFBD9247C93A2B950.job
    Vieze Oude Man

I know people who started developing using the Beta 2...mind you that still leaves a couple years short.

Comment

Gee people, are you programmers or what?

The ideal candidate will have 7 years commercial experience using C# and Sybase/SQL or Oracle with 3 of those being within an investment bank.
      Evaluate: C# AND Sybase OR Oracle, or to put it more simply:

false && true || true is what???

Its just a test and the agent is not stupid - he is just using this to separate wheat from chuff.

Comment

separate wheat from chuff.
        Just as well you didn't have to sit an English exam then.

Comment

What are we AtW? I think the majority of people here are native english speakers who realise that the and/or's in the sentence can mean totally different things depending on the emphasis the agent intended.

Edit: you beat me to it Eddie.

Comment

I dunno depends whether you're chaff or just chuffed.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Don't confuse him BB!, AtW obviously knows that a chuff is just the singular form of 'chavs'...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Gee people, are you programmers or what?

Evaluate: C# AND Sybase OR Oracle, or to put it more simply:

false && true || true is what???

Its just a test and the agent is not stupid - he is just using this to separate wheat from chuff.
                depends on operator precedence in english
                (false && true) || true != false && (true || true)

Comment

Originally posted by luke warm
                  depends on operator precedence in english
                  (false && true) || true != false && (true || true)
                  Yes, or even in rational thought. If someone asks for
                  (language) AND (dbms) OR (other dbms)
                  it seems "logical" to think that he wants a language AND a dbms, but there is a choice of which dbms. that is, rationally, the OR binds the dbmses first.

Comment

Emphasis

Yes, logically that makes the most sense as Oracle by itself wouldn't generally be a replacement for both C# and Sybase, but then again it depends which Oracle skills they have in mind.

The distinguishing factor at times though is emphasis which is hard to determine in the example.

In anycase if AtW's idea of English is that its some simple programatic formula then he'll find himself getting the wrong end of the stick more often than not.

Joe in "my middle name is pF" mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X