• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phone and IR35

Hi All

Just wondering if someone could clear this up for me.

Currently working on none IR35 caught contracts. I want to get a mobile phone on the business.
    1. Whats the deal with making personal calls with this phone. I really do not want to be carrying around two mobiles.
    2. What happens if I suddenly switch to a IR35 caught contract or contracts

Cheers, would ask the accountant but their offices are now close

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Cheers, would ask the accountant but their offices are now close
    Then why not ask them tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
      Then why not ask them tomorrow...
      I could do lol

I wanted to know tonight so I knew if to look at personal or business tariffs.

Comment

Phones are irrelvent to IR35.

Your Ltd can supply you with a phone and provided it is on a business tariff in the company name you do not have to distinguish between business and personal calls, the company pays for the entire bill.

If you have the phone on a personal contract in your name you can only claim for the cost of business related calls, nor can you claim for the cost of the line rental.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Phones are irrelvent to IR35.

Your Ltd can supply you with a phone and provided it is on a business tariff in the company name you do not have to distinguish between business and personal calls, the company pays for the entire bill.

If you have the phone on a personal contract in your name you can only claim for the cost of business related calls, nor can you claim for the cost of the line rental.
            Does it have to be a contract, can PAYG count as a business phone?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Oh FFS. We've discussed this endless times. Use the search feature of the forum...
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                Does it have to be a contract, can PAYG count as a business phone?
                Orange do a PAYG business sim card.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Oh FFS. We've discussed this endless times. Use the search feature of the forum...
                  Oh FFS I searched, pages and pages of results, can't see the one about PAYG

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Orange do a PAYG business sim card.
                    I do not understand that at all - a PAYG sim is a PAYG sim, what is special to a business about it? I didn't see anything on the orange web site.

Besides, I was not asking where to get a SIM, I was asking if the rules for mobile phones being allowed as a business expense include PAYG phone or is it only monthly contract plans in the name of the business that count?

Comment

Working...
                    X