• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanted: Office Space (London)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Office Space (London)

Hello all,

I'm looking for an office (or a desk / space) to work from for the next 3-6 months. Above all, it needs to be quiet - somewhere I can concentrate without distractions. Ideally it would also be comfortable, and have internet access. I don't need a phoneline. I live in E14, so anywhere in Canary Wharf, docklands, Shoreditch, City, Clerkenwell, Holborn would be great.

If you - or your client - have some suitable space in their office, and would be willing to sublet, please do get in touch.

Thanks!

You could do worse than check out some public libraries. Although many have no quiet areas any more, some do still offer silent working rooms. With free wi-fi too these days.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

You could try this mob

This is not a recommendation as I briefly talked to the business link people several years ago about temp offices and they wound me up something chronic. So I gave up on the idea and worked from home which I hate. Hopefully it wont be for too much longer.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        You could do worse than check out some public libraries...
        I tried that, but there are too many downsides. As you say Richard, they're not that quiet, and of course I can't keep extra monitors etc set up there. The nail in that particular coffin though has to be the wifi - browsing only (no ssh, ftp, or other such dangerous protocols allowed - which is fair enough).

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        You could try this mob
        Thanks HAB - I've just given them a call, let's see if they come back with anything. I also abhor working from home!

Any more thoughts? (hint: I'm not looking for free, or super-cheap. Just a desk I can call my own in the peace and quiet!)

Comment

Try Gumtree.

Comment

Working...
          X