• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time travel

If you could travel to anywhere in time to have influence on an historic event, where would that be and what would you change?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

1805 - battle of Trafalger.
    EO stands proudly next to Nelson as he takes the fatal bullet. As he lies, dying and people crowd around to hear the final words, EO steps in and says
    'Kismet, I'm sure he said kismet'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

1997 and the result of the general election
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'd go back to last week and remember to record Corrie for the missus.

Comment

Today, 08:01 and prevent you from posting this topic.
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
            Today, 08:01 and prevent you from posting this topic.
            09:01

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              If you could travel to anywhere in time to have influence on an historic event, where would that be and what would you change?
              The day I met your mother! I'd have stayed in and washed my hair.

Comment

Nowt really - I think I would actually do something incredibly shallow and selfish and just go back and stick some money on a sporting event that I knew was going to win.

You can't change the big events man - society learns from them.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Perhaps I should not have taken Cassandra back into the Tardis to travel back to the Ambassadors Ball , just before she was about to collapse and die, having transferred her consciousness into her companion - Chip.

I took her back in time to see herself when she was beautiful and still had a body. In Chip's body, she told her past self that she was beautiful and collapsed - dying at last in the younger Cassandra's arms.

Perhaps I should have let her stand trial for her crimes commited during the End of Earth 5 billion years into the future,

But then again - Time Travel is absurd.

Never trust

A Nurse
                  A Nun
                  A Time Traveller
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 July 2009, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Perhaps I should not have taken Cassandra backtointo the Tardis to the Ambassadors Ball as she was about to collapse and die - perhaps I should have let her stand trial for her crimes commited during the End of Earth 5 billion years into the future,

But then again - Time Travel is absurd.

Never trust

A Nurse
                    A Nun
                    A Time Traveller
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X