• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Impressive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8136193.stm
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

It was reassuring to know the person who had fixed it was still on the aeroplane.
    What does that mean - STILL on the aeroplane - if he as trying to fly somewhere of course he would still be on there after fixing it! The alternative being "Oh I have fixed it now, but not sure about it, so I'm not getting back on this plane"?

Chris Browne, managing director of Thomson Airways, said she was "delighted" that one of the company's engineers came to the rescue of fellow passengers "even when the flight was that of a competitor".

She added: "This kind of initiative exemplifies Thomson's company philosophy of exceeding customer's expectations and it makes all of the team at Thomson Airways extremely proud.
    Bollocks - the guy wanted to go somewhere and didn't want extra delay - so he looked to see if he could fix it - clearly he did and perhaps was lucky a spare part was not required.
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 8 July 2009, 09:10.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      What does that mean - STILL on the aeroplane - if he as trying to fly somewhere of course he would still be on there after fixing it! The alternative being "Oh I have fixed it now, but not sure about it, so I'm not getting back on this plane"?

Bollocks - the guy wanted to go somewhere and didn't want extra delay - so he looked to see if he could fix it - clearly he did and perhaps was lucky a spare part was not required.

I'd have certainly been worried if he'd fixed it but decided to get a different flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        I'd have certainly been worried if he'd fixed it but decided to get a different flight.
        That I think was the point of the comment...

Comment

Working...
        X