• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Humanity Peaked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Humanity Peaked

Will the 20th Century be the last great century?
    Was just thinking of everthing that happened in those 100 yrs compared to the pants stuff we have going on at the moment.
    Don't think the progress we will make will make much of a difference.
    Wish I was born born in the early 50s.

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
    I tried it once. It was rubbish

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
      Will the 20th Century be the last great century?
      Was just thinking of everthing that happened in those 100 yrs compared to the pants stuff we have going on at the moment.
      Don't think the progress we will make will make much of a difference.

People will have the opportunity of much greater longevity within a few decades due to advances in stem cell technology which will allow new hearts etc to be grown to suit an individual. The later that you were born the better your chance of taking advantage of the opportunities. Don't knock it !!

Comment

Hunanity peaked in 1969. Concorde. Moon landings. Since then it appears to have gone backwards.

All these technology devices to bring us together(internet, mobiles, etc) seem to have replaced human contact and made people less society aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          People will have the opportunity of much greater longevity within a few decades due to advances in stem cell technology which will allow new hearts etc to be grown to suit an individual. The later that you were born the better your chance of taking advantage of the opportunities. Don't knock it !!
          For a price.

Comment

If you look at the Technology page on the BBC, all it talks about is FaceBook, Twitter and the like.

The future is tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Hunanity peaked in 1969. Concorde. Moon landings. Since then it appears to have gone backwards.

All these technology devices to bring us together(internet, mobiles, etc) seem to have replaced human contact and made people less society aware.
              Elvis
              Beatles
              Michael Jackson
              Abba
              Bee Gees

Rocky
              Muhammad Ali
              Tyson
              Brazil and Pele
              Sampras, becker, Graff, Navrat, Laver etc.

The Walkman
              Microsoft
              Concorde
              Man on the Moon
              Lamborghini Countach

etc. etc.
              Last edited by MrNoMotivation; 8 July 2009, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                This is true. Although if things carry on the way they are going do you really want to live until you're 120. I've got a 2.5 yr old and I'm worried what the world will be like when she get's older.

Comment

Dentistry is way better now than in 1969.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

forgot to mention bruce lee

Comment

Working...
                    X