• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have You Peaked? I have.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have You Peaked? I have.

Don't want to learn new technologies.
    Don't want to be permie.
    Don't want to be a manager.

To be honest don't want to be in IT at all.
    When I was told I would get a contract ext. I wasn't happy at all. I was hoping I wouldn't get a renewal.

I feel that at 35 I've peaked.

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
    Don't want to be permie.

When I was told I would get a contract ext. I wasn't happy at all. I was hoping I wouldn't get a renewal.

At 42 I'm telling you that you haven't.

Comment

Don't want to be permie.

Yeah - I can understand that maybe your a wee bit fed up.

Ask yourself - What would you like to do ?

You're the only one that can change your life - its all down to you.

Im nearly 50 - I wake up every morning - a smile upon my face.

These are the best years of my life - and Im excited about the Future.

I love life so much - I never want to Die.
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 July 2009, 10:25.

Comment

People say that you need the love of a good, strong family and financial security.

I say you need a dirty woman and a fridge full of beer.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Yeah - I can understand that maybe your a wee bit fed up.

Ask yourself - What would you like to do ?

You're the only one that can change your life - its all down to you.

Im nearly 50 - I wake up every morning - a smile upon my face.

These are the best years of my life - and Im excited about the Future.
          I'm fed up with working in IT. Love the rest of my life outside work. Wouldn't change it.
          What would I like to do?
          Stay home and look after my beautiful daughter and send the wife back to work. Thing is I couldn't do that to my wife.

Comment

Don't want to be permie.

New Technologies - they keep coming.
            Permie - yup, sort of. But I'm the boss.
            Manager - see above.

In IT - I left years ago, but been forced back. Can't say I like or understand it any more.

Just turned 50, but been burnt out for years.

The future - sometime I feel that each morning that I actually wake up is a bonus.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'm fed up with working in IT. Love the rest of my life outside work. Wouldn't change it.
              What would I like to do?
              Stay home and look after my beautiful daughter and send the wife back to work. Thing is I couldn't do that to my wife.
              Agree in Spades...... tried to get out a few years ago.... didn't pan out so decided to get back into "Flogging Old Rope"....... cos Mrs D and the Drewsterettes being happy and having "stuff" is worth me grinding it out.......

Comment

Mr N-M

I suspect from your OP that you need a Plan B.

Have you thought about what you want to do once you've made your millions from IT? That may well be your Plan B, perhaps?

If you can keep a picture of that in your head, you'll find it helpful I'm sure.

Comment

I posted a similar thing last year: peak earnings. My peak (in income) was in the early 2000s in my 20's and it's been downhill since then.

I would guess, for most professions, it's normal to increase your earnings steadily and reach a peak somewhere in your 40's or 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    People say that you need the love of a good, strong family and financial security.

I say you need a dirty woman and a fridge full of beer.

cant you have both?

Comment

Working...
                    X