• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V shaped recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V shaped recovery

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...s_08_jul09.gif

Boomed!

Since the state of the economy is related to the price of your house, I hereby declare the recession well and truly over.

I don't see it like that - if I'm reading that graph correctly.

Using the blue line The value for june is a -9% drop on the year before which was a -8% drop on the year before. The fact is, that the rate of decline as a percentage is not as great as it once was, but it's still in decline.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Boomed!

Since the state of the economy is related to the price of your house, I hereby declare the recession well and truly over.
      FFS, give it a rest - your fookin' worse than atw ever was!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        FFS, give it a rest - your fookin' worse than atw ever was!
        Sorry, who the **** are you?

Comment

Boomed!

The UK economy was not based on the price of anyones house, it was based on the ability of a person to obtain credit to buy a house and that this encouraged people to continually move house thus creating an artificial market. Neither of these features are present in the market currently so prices will decline or remain relatively flat until something changes.

PZZ

Comment

Sorry, who the **** are you?
            Not a deluded little man in a terraced house in Swindon who claims to be a millionaire.

HTH.

Comment

What do you think happens when interest rates rise? Be afraid.
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Not a deluded little man in a terraced house in Swindon who claims to be a millionaire.

HTH.
                You sound like a green eyed little tosspot living in debt.

Comment

Prices down 0.5% in June according to the Halifax....

Link

Comment

You sound like a green eyed little tosspot living in debt.

Far from it.

What's your motto again: This time next year Rodders.

Comment

Working...
                    X