• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which headset is good for music, skype and using on planes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which headset is good for music, skype and using on planes?

My headset has packed in - microphone is bust.

So I'm looking for a decent but not too expensive replacement.

Google shopping search returns 8000+ items.

Can anyone recommend a good headset with the following features please?
    1. Good for Skype calls
    2. Noise Cancelling feature for use on airplanes
    3. Can be plugged into portable DVD players etc - ie normal jacks not USB
    4. Good for listening to music on PC or CD
    5. in-line volume adjustment and mute (optional)

TIA
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

I refer the honoured gentleman to

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/best...es-top-10.html
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      I have these;

Shure SE110

A great first step into real in-ear monitors (IEMs) is the excellent Shure SE110 sound isolating earphone. This entry level Shure earphone (RRP £69.99) has been in production for some years now and has acquired quite a collection of awards and good reviews along the way, and for good reason.

The Shure SE110 comes supplied with Shure black olive foam ear tips, as well as three sizes of silicone tip, which ensures nearly everyone is able to get good fit and therefore correct seal in the ear. A proper seal is vitally important with IEMs as without it the sound is very thin and tinny, due to low frequency (bass) leakage. The SE110's build quality is very high with sturdy cables that are built to last.

If you're upgrading from the standard iPod earbuds, the Shure SE110 should put a big smile on your face. Highly recommended.
      They are the puppy's nuts. You can get a mic extension cord too, so you can use them for skype/phone.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Many thanks kind sir, I will take a look!

Comment

Just bought these - got a discount code for them as well. Very impressed with them (Great bass), come with all kind of extra bits:

http://www.jaysearphones.co.uk/s-jay...hones-12-c.asp

Discount : AVFSJAYPB (£17 off so down to £41)

People on avforums like em too.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Just bought these - got a discount code for them as well. Very impressed with them (Great bass), come with all kind of extra bits:

http://www.jaysearphones.co.uk/s-jay...hones-12-c.asp

Discount : AVFSJAYPB (£17 off so down to £41)

People on avforums like em too.
            thanks but I am specifically looking for noise cancellation - I spend a lot of time on aeroplanes or at airports

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              thanks but I am specifically looking for noise cancellation - I spend a lot of time on aeroplanes or at airports
              Fair enough, not tested them to give an opinion in a plane/airport or whatever.

But I used to have the shures (In ear, like these ones) and with them it was the same deal on a plane - hear nada. And when I've got these in, on the tube (Which is prettyfcuking noisy) I can't hear anything but the music, so I think they could do the job you're after.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                Fair enough, not tested them to give an opinion in a plane/airport or whatever.

But I used to have the shures (In ear, like these ones) and with them it was the same deal on a plane - hear nada. And when I've got these in, on the tube (Which is prettyfcuking noisy) I can't hear anything but the music, so I think they could do the job you're after.
                hmm something to consider, I would prefer something with a built-in microphone though, or am I better getting separate?

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  hmm something to consider, I would prefer something with a built-in microphone though, or am I better getting separate?
                  Can't answer that one - I have a platronics headset I use for Skype at home.

I'm sure you can get better for more money, or get the over ear kind (Had them too, loved them but bulky to carry around). These ones are great value I think, and the bass is phenomenal (I like bass-y type music normally).

Comment

Working...
                  X