• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sent home for an early bath

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent home for an early bath

Well, been feeling REALLY rough since sunday morning, decided to still go onto client site Monday am and struggled through the day, Tuesday come and goes the same. But by Wednesday ( apparently ) I was looking like I should be at 'Deaths Door'.
    Decided to check my symptoms online, and had a bit of a wake-up call ! I had 10 out of the 12 symptoms for H1N1 Swine Flu .
    So a 2 hour drive home, a call to HNS direct ( as there online checker advised to call 999 and ask for an ambulance ! ) and a couple of hours later our local doctor has confirmed it, full fledged swine flu.

So now 'working from home' for the next 7 to 10 days and this TamiFlu makes you feel even worse than the pig flu itself

Ah well, I'm case number 6 in the building we're in so I don't feel too guilty if anyone off the project has it after me

Trainee Techno Pikey

Let us know if you die.

Comment

Originally posted by KpMrJ View Post
      Well, been feeling REALLY rough since sunday morning, decided to still go onto client site Monday am and struggled through the day, Tuesday come and goes the same. But by Wednesday ( apparently ) I was looking like I should be at 'Deaths Door'.
      Decided to check my symptoms online, and had a bit of a wake-up call ! I had 10 out of the 12 symptoms for H1N1 Swine Flu .
      So a 2 hour drive home, a call to HNS direct ( as there online checker advised to call 999 and ask for an ambulance ! ) and a couple of hours later our local doctor has confirmed it, full fledged swine flu.

So now 'working from home' for the next 7 to 10 days and this TamiFlu makes you feel even worse than the pig flu itself

Ah well, I'm case number 6 in the building we're in so I don't feel too guilty if anyone off the project has it after me

Would you mind not posting on here for the duration, I dont want it.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Let us know if you die.
        he wasn't sent home to die
        he was sent home yesterdie

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          he wasn't sent home to die
          he was sent home yesterdie

wa wa wa waaaaaah. vrruum tish.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

"bit of a wake-up call" : wake up call???? you needed a wake up call??????? good grief.

Comment

[QUOTE=KpMrJ;887257]I had 10 out of the 12 symptoms for H1N1 Swine Flu .
              QUOTE]

I too, have been feeling a bit rough, but have been diagnosed as H2O Swine Flu
              It's like the real thing but watered down a little

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

People need to be a bit more alert for the virus than this fella was, especially if you might of come in to contract with the virus (6 others in the building...).

If the virus does become more deadly, going to work for a few days while feeling like cr*p could put more lives at risk.

ANyway, hope ya get well soon, and you`re lucky you can work from home for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
                  "bit of a wake-up call" : wake up call???? you needed a wake up call??????? good grief.

He doesn't post often but when he does it's a cracker.

<mops coffee off the keyboard...>
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Is this a first case of piggy flue on CUK ? I need to wash my keyboard now

Comment

Working...
                    X