• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here is delusional?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here is delusional?

I know I am. Absolutely away with the fairies! I have this fantasy that I am technically competent to develop systems. I should get psychiatric help to get me to understand that I am past it. Things have moved on and I am too old.

Who else on CUK is living in a dream world? (No points for Threaded)
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

I know I am. Absolutely away with the fairies! I have this fantasy that I am technically competent to develop systems. I should get psychiatric help to get me to understand that I am past it. Things have moved on and I am too old.

Is that your CV intro?
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Sometimes I am in "CM World" - does that count? Not quite a fantasy but lots of things happen in my head that should happen outside of my head but don't.... does that even make sense?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Comment

Not me - got a nice permie job and have a lovely focus. If I sell my soul the company I may even get a company Mondeo, so they tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Sometimes I am in "CM World" - does that count? Not quite a fantasy but lots of things happen in my head that should happen outside of my head but don't.... does that even make sense?
            Only sometimes?
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Not me - got a nice permie job and have a lovely focus. If I sell my soul the company I may even get a company Mondeo, so they tell me.
              I completely lack any kind of focus. They say it's attention deficit hyperactivity dis.......Oh look a bee!
              King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Only sometimes?
                Ok - more often than not...

Himself says I have more conversations with myself in my head than with him... especially when I say - "I already told you that!"
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Delusions can be both disturbing and entertaining and not to be taken lightly.

I'm conscious that we had a conversation thread here before about the nature of some mental illness within the CUK population: when I was in the depths of mine I became delusional and it was highly, highly disturbing.

Ah, the joys of lithium

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Ok - more often than not...

Himself says I have more conversations with myself in my head than with him... especially when I say - "I already told you that!"
                    It covers up for my selective hearing.

Comment

Working...
                    X