• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT - Too easy these days.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT - Too easy these days.

In the old days, to get anything to work you had to resort to low level tulip like C and assembler, now you just open your favourite design surface and drag and drop coloured shapes and lines, click deploy and carry on posting on CUK.

If it gets any easier I'm not sure I'm going to be able to cope.

Ah yes. Petzold. Those were the days.

Comment

Is it bollocks.

I've yet to find a design framework that will write legible RPGILE code for me.

I've also yet to find an off-shore coding team that can write legible RPGILE code, but that's a different pot of fish altogether.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        In the old days, to get anything to work you had to resort to low level tulip like C and assembler, now you just open your favourite design surface and drag and drop coloured shapes and lines, click deploy and carry on posting on CUK.

whats never ceased to amaze me, is that if you know one single atom-sized miniscule tenny-weeny useless bit of stuff that the permies dont know, they think the sun shines out of your flipping @rse

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Ah yes. Petzold. Those were the days.
          Funnily enough Petzold popped into my head this morning for no apparent reason. I was thinking of that first chapter in the Programming Windows book where he showed the typical one line C command line "Hello World" program, followed by the two page listing that was required to do the same in Windows.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Fack off. Try doing multicast over MPLS if you seriously want your brain twisted ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Nah, I'll stick with the drag n drop, have another sip of coffee and a biscuit, enterprise integration stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Funnily enough Petzold popped into my head this morning for no apparent reason. I was thinking of that first chapter in the Programming Windows book where he showed the typical one line C command line "Hello World" program, followed by the two page listing that was required to do the same in Windows.
                ISTR that he did point out reasonably that
                Code:
                printf("Hello, World");
                will not do all that the Windows program does, until you write your window manager too.

Comment

http://www.charlespetzold.com/etc/Do...otTheMind.html

Yes.

Comment

In the old days, to get anything to work you had to resort to low level tulip like C and assembler.............
                    When I were a lad we had to stick wires on t' chip's pin connectors to activate the logic gates. Then we had to work out how the logic function would affect each bit. And convert that to Hex.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X