• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nightmare meeting.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightmare meeting.....

Was showing that blue postman pat mobile vid to someone earlier.

Got a call - mobile on silent. However, phone had a major technical problem and started to play the sound for the vid.

Middle of a key project meeting, out comes 'Fecking miaow, fecking kidz, that fecking Ebay'..........

Jeffing phone would not silence or turn off, the os had frozen.

Thanknfully most either had no idea about this meaning (Indian guys) or found it fairly entertaining!!

Comment

<canned laughter>

Comment

I think it's time you bought a new polyester tie. It's not good to wear the same one every day.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Though reminds me of when a friend had their phone borrowed. They bluetoothed a rude answer messaage onto phone : then call him on packed train.

He was so nervous he dropped the phone and could not pick it up. Half the train lloked cross : half the train were laughing.

When he finally answered the caller said "Have you turned red?"!

Comment

Mobiles are a potential trap. Wonder how many people have sent text re meeting to a lover and sent it to spouse by mistake? Or those times when a phone is chucked down and it presses the green button and recalls? The person called hears everything going on and the owner has no idea.

PS Ruddy BT itemised calls are bad enough. Ahem.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mrs BGG's sister received a very explicit message to her phone from her boyfriend.

Except he sent it to Mrs BGG instead.

He then rung Mrs BGG immediately and said in a state of panic "OMG, don't read it, please, I sent it in error".

Mrs BGG calmy said "Too late. My phone displays a text message as soon as it received".

Long silence on the other end.

She then laughed and said, no worries, I'm not offended.

The poor chap was beside himself though with embarrassment.

So I copied the message, had it printed on a pink T-shirt, and presented him with his new apparel next time I met him.

Oh how we laughed at his expense !
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

what did it say?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  With a cartoon character on it?
                  I'm trying to think of a Wilmslow-esque disaster-prone cartoon character, perhaps Wily Coyote?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    I'm trying to think of a Wilmslow-esque disaster-prone cartoon character, perhaps Wily Coyote?
                    Deputy dawg (although he was likeable unlike Wilmslow) or Mr Magoo?

Comment

Working...
                    X