• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

this swine flu mallarkey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this swine flu mallarkey

Work in a building with about 2000 people.

Someone on the 3rd flr contracted swine flu a week ago and they sent all his colleagues home for 7 days.

Bloke who sits opposite me went home sick yesterday, suspected swine flu.

My mrs is 7 months pregnant, high risk swine flu category!!

I cant be bringing that tulip home!

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post

Work in a building with about 2000 people.

Someone on the 3rd flr contracted swine flu a week ago and they sent all his colleagues home for 7 days.

Bloke who sits opposite me went home sick yesterday, suspected swine flu.

My mrs is 7 months pregnant, high risk swine flu category!!

I cant be bringing that tulip home!
    Shack up with another woman for a couple of months, Im sure your wife will understand its in her best interests.

PZZ
    Last edited by pzz76077; 10 July 2009, 08:08.

Comment

Shack up with another woman for a couple of months, Im sure your wife will understand its in here best interests.
      swine flu would be the least of my worries

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/sw...eaches-14.html

Britain now has the third highest number of cases of swine flu in the world after America and Mexico, where the virus was first reported.

An estimated 8,000 people are thought to have contracted the disease in Britain in the last week, from around 27,000 who called their GP complaining of the flu.

Statistics show there are currently 335 people in hospital in England suffering from swine flu, with 43 of these in critical care.

People here laughed at Swine Flu, but trust me, unless you are 100% fit and strong, it's pretty serious.

I'd book you and your wife a holiday home for the rest of the year in the Outer Hebrides or similar.

Comment

Just received an email from the company I am working my contract at:

"...cases of swine flu are now being confirmed at <company name removed>..."

"...During this phase, we'll continue to operate our business as normal and not close any building because of individual cases of swine flu..."

Oh dear™

Edit: my partner is 4 months pregnant too, so need to be careful.
          Last edited by Amiga500; 10 July 2009, 09:07.
          You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

I have asthma so it could potentially be pretty rough for me, and with the gf doing the pig flu tests on people she will bring it home sooner rather than later.

As I said a few weeks ago they are going to start closing wards any time now, ice rinks were notified that they might be requisitioned for storing dead but that looks unlikely now.

Comment

Working...
            X