• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Centralised Mobile Network

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centralised Mobile Network

Phone keeps cacking out where I'm working cos of a tulip signal.

It reverts to 'Emergency' which, I presume, means it can use a competitor's network for emergency calls only. So obviously some networks have good signal strength here.

Wouldn't it make sense then to have a large centralised network that can be licensed to all mobile providers. I'm sure some creative types could add value to their products to still give people a choice.

It all smacks of different rail companies with different guage tracks at the moment and it is bloody frustrating to be prevented from using a phone just to guard some commercial interest.

Where did you get that picture of Threaded for your avatar?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It's me you fool, threaded is lean and mean now you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post

It reverts to 'Emergency' which, I presume, means it can use a competitor's network for emergency calls only. So obviously some networks have good signal strength here.

Wouldn't it make sense then to have a large centralised network that can be licensed to all mobile providers. I'm sure some creative types could add value to their products to still give people a choice.

It all smacks of different rail companies with different guage tracks at the moment and it is bloody frustrating to be prevented from using a phone just to guard some commercial interest.
        Easy, just let me know when you have the funding in place and Ill get started right away.

PZZ

Comment

Some networks already share (and I don't mean MVNOs either) so it will come eventually.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Network Consolidation

T-Mobile and 3 are already planning to share their 3-G sites.

If T-Mobile get bought by Vodafone or O2 (Hot rumour at the moment) then the coverage would be brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by MonzaMike View Post
              T-Mobile and 3 are already planning to share their 3-G sites.

If T-Mobile get bought by Vodafone or O2 (Hot rumour at the moment) then the coverage would be brilliant.
              No its not and never was for sale: http://www.totaltele.com/view.aspx?ID=446500

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post

There are actually sims that allow you to roam on all netowrks in the uk....

Dan

Comment

If they all used the same network they wouldn't be able to charge you to chat on a different network. Do turkeys vote for Xmas or Labour politicians agree to an early election ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    If they all used the same network they wouldn't be able to charge you to chat on a different network. Do turkeys vote for Xmas or Labour politicians agree to an early election ?
                    Actually it would be fairly easy to change for any service, on or off net.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X