• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the market not dead?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the market not dead?

Cor blimey, luvaduck and bugger me backwards. Two calls within a minute for projects with immediate starts on good rates. 3 calls yesterday and 1 on Tuesday. All different projects and all where I can have a rate rise. What recession?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Cor blimey, luvaduck and bugger me backwards. Two calls within a minute for projects with immediate starts on good rates. 3 calls yesterday and 1 on Tuesday. All different projects and all where I can have a rate rise. What recession?
    Any actual contracts in the offering??

PZZ

Comment

Indeed. Well and truly over.

Infact mega boom is well underway!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        In fact mega boom is well underway!
        Sadly, it's in Dean Street.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          Any actual contracts in the offering??

PZZ
          Nope, I'm in one although its only 3 days a week which I point out and each person at the other end does try to get me to either leave it or goes on to see if I can do the one they're offering part time. BTW all projects were mainframe based where there is no real downturn in the market nor in rates as its now becoming a niche market, oh, and none were in the UK. Only one call introduced an element of fishing and that was the one from the UK agent.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Nope, I'm in one although its only 3 days a week which I point out and each person at the other end does try to get me to either leave it or goes on to see if I can do the one they're offering part time. BTW all projects were mainframe based where there is no real downturn in the market nor in rates as its now becoming a niche market, oh, and none were in the UK. Only one call introduced an element of fishing and that was the one from the UK agent.
            UK = not worth working in. Not been there for many a year.

PZZ

Comment

Just heard they`re looking for PM`s in london on a government project at £26 per hour - we`re all BOOMED!!! or doomed.......

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                Just heard they`re looking for PM`s in london on a government project at £26 per hour - we`re all BOOMED!!! or doomed.......
                Its not like the UK gov to be counting the pennies..

PZZ

Comment

I heard he just required two references and would then email some details over

Comment

Working...
                  X