• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really Doomed !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Doomed !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8143823.stm

A form of Ebola virus has been detected in pigs for the first time, raising concerns it could mutate and pose a new risk to humans.

This short news story is a lovely example of bad journalism.

From "the researchers stress that the virus at present appears to pose no risk to humans" to "it could mutate and pose a new risk to humans".

(The journalist will have added the italicised words.)

The sun has not exploded so far. However, scientists do not rule out the possibility it could explode at short notice. Therefore, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE TONIGHT! Or at least we would, but it is dark, so the sun is switched off so we'll be fine.

FFS.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      <cough>
      You wanna get that looked at.

It might be lizard 'flu.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
      X