• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone running a 10K race in October?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a 10K race in October?

I'm looking at running my first 'proper'* race in October but I'm not sure which one to enter.

I'll look at anything provided it's not too hilly...

*Running all the way around as opposed to running/walking the half marathon I did a couple of years ago...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'm looking at running my first 'proper'* race in October but I'm not sure which one to enter.

*Running all the way around as opposed to running/walking the half marathon I did a couple of years ago...
    Where are you based?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I suggest a rally car race.

HTH

Comment

The date of the race is usually dependent on your location, well roughly.
        I guess you mean the http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/10k ones. This has prompted me to get my act together and think of starting running again. I used to do 10K's in about 42 minuets but now it would be about 90 minuets if at all.
        I think that I will enter the Bristol one on 27 September. If I enter it then I'm going to have to do something about it. from a standing start of 0 miles a week for the past four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Where are you based?
          East Midlands, but I'm prepared to B&B - Scotland it too far though...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

There's a couple up North in October...

...Liverpool and Rhyl. I forget the exact dates, but the Rhyl one is late on in October.

I've been looking myself, as just started running again after four years of laziness. Should be ready to do the distance without walking or having a coronary by October!

Good luck.

Comment

A couple of Marie Curie runs in October.

Rainforest Run in London on 1 November.

Comment

Thanks Clippy and IandI, I'll take a look at those.

Comment

If your East Midlands then there are two that I can see that take place in October. One on 11th October and another on 21st. The one on the 11th is a half and quarter marathon. I have never heard of a quarter marathon before. It's 6.5 miles instead of 6.2 miles (10K).

I use http://www.runningdiary.co.uk which lists a few but not all races.
                  If it's your first proper race then the quarter marathon on the 11th sounds ideal. Anyway good luck.

Congleton Half & Quarter Marathons
                  Sunday 11th October 2009
                  http://www.runningdiary.co.uk/go/view.cgi/5645

RONHILL DERBY MIDWEEK TRAINING RACES
                  Wednesday 21st October 2009
                  http://www.runningdiary.co.uk/go/view.cgi/36

Comment

Working...
                  X