• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, wife and I went to a friends wedding (his second) in Beirut. Great wedding and also good to see many friends that I have not seen for years.

Still, back to the office now and no more breaks planned till Aug.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Not bad. I decided to cut down a tree in the front garden on a whim yesterday. My left shoulder hurts so much I can barely type.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
        Yep, wife and I went to a friends wedding (his second) in Beirut. Great wedding and also good to see many friends that I have not seen for years.

Still, back to the office now and no more breaks planned till Aug.

PZZ
        Weekend was rainy; trained, ate lots of shepherd's pie and didn't do much else.

Now working at home; have just chucked some chlorine in the pool while waiting for clientco's deploy.

How's Beirut? I've always wanted to visit Lebanon; is it peaceful now? How about the prices?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Spent Sat/Sun afternoons/evening in the pub to stop me having 'bright' ideas regarding what I am working on and having to spend the next week fixing the damage.

Now it's Monday, I'm not sure what to do.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Spent the weekend at my mothers, eating too much and staying up late into the night chatting (very chilled)
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Weekend was rainy; trained, ate lots of shepherd's pie and didn't do much else.

Now working at home; have just chucked some chlorine in the pool while waiting for clientco's deploy.

How's Beirut? I've always wanted to visit Lebanon; is it peaceful now? How about the prices?
              I remember Beirut back in the 60's when it was the Playboy capital of the Middle East. These days most parts are now rebuilt, but is looking a bit too modern to me, much of the charm of the old has been lost IMO.

Still a great place for a short break though.

PZZ

Comment

Popped down to Manchester for the weekend...

Went to see the Eagles, then stopped off afterwards in the Hard Rock Cafe for (far too many) cocktails. Spent a lot of yesterday recovering
                'elf and safety guru

Comment

Friday night - good (actually, may contain traces of lie. Excellent is a more appropriate aphorism).

Saturday - fairly good, spent the day with the dog chilling out

Sunday - good, got an email asking me to pitch for a £20,000 piece of work (one month piece of work) in the City

All in all, a good weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X