• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smokers...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokers...

Voters in Washington state will be invited to approve the most draconian statewide anti-smoking law in the United States next week when they vote on whether to ban cigarettes and cigars from all public places - even cigar lounges - and create a 25ft no-smoking perimeter around public buildings.

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates

Who cares? I am going to quit at xmas.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Thought california already had such rules? I remember them implimenting the no smoking zones around public buildings a few years back?

Be interesting to see the reaction on smoking in cigar lounges as would guess that would be against various trade laws, aka shutting down legal buisness (that would be still legal in theory after the law but unable to actually operate)
      Last edited by Not So Wise; 3 November 2005, 16:47.

Comment

Fkin Fascists.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          Fkin Fascists.
          They are only interested in a perfect world. Now, you know that once we eliminate all smokers our world will be so healthy and happy.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Who cares? I am going to quit at xmas.
            Quitting will involve the same process, regardless of when. If you're planning to quit, why not try it sooner than that and save yourself a few quid?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
              Quitting will involve the same process, regardless of when. If you're planning to quit, why not try it sooner than that and save yourself a few quid?
              Need to go the gym. I need some serious treatment as I am not a light smoker unfortunately.

Comment

Need to go the gym. I need some serious treatment as I am not a light smoker unfortunately.
                Have a Tupperware party instead. Don't see many of them these days. Invite everyone from the CUK forum, bring your PJs and make it a fun evening. After all the Tupperware has been bought and sold we can play spin the bottle.

And what better way to round off the evening than to chase Fiddleabout around the garden with big knife. Once we have caught him we can butcher him like a squeeling pig and decorate the trees with his pulsing entrails. What's left can be used to make an alter of flesh as a nice gift for Beccy.
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

They are only interested in a perfect world. Now, you know that once we eliminate all smokers our world will be so healthy and happy.
                  Who knows, next they might eliminate murder!

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                    Have a Tupperware party instead. Don't see many of them these days. Invite everyone from the CUK forum, bring your PJs and make it a fun evening. After all the Tupperware has been bought and sold we can play spin the bottle.

And what better way to round off the evening than to chase Fiddleabout around the garden with big knife. Once we have caught him we can butcher him like a squeeling pig and decorate the trees with his pulsing entrails. What's left can be used to make an alter of flesh as a nice gift for Beccy.
                    Ah, the CUK jim-jam sleepover cannibal frenzy. Where can I get a ticket?

Comment

Working...
                    X