• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Luck John Hartson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck John Hartson

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...at-cancer.html

Yikes

Puts everything into perspective. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Comment

best of luck to him

Comment

Possibly the first ever post I've agreed with CB on.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

He may have been a big fat pudding, but hoping the bald fat one pulls through.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

sorry john but my fathers got secondary and all my luck is going to him. i'll take any off you lot if you can spare it.

Comment

I have heard, but not had it confirmed, that this is pretty much the same as what Lance Armstrong had. If so then there is certainly plenty of hope. Best wishes Big Man, if anyone can beat this then you can.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Best of luck to all mentioned in this thread.

[edit] SB: Just did a quick google and it seems both started as testicular and metastesised (sp?) into the brain, so sounds similar. It all depends then on how agressive the particular cancer is.
                Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 14 July 2009, 07:50.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

There is hope for Hartson in that Lance Armstrong was cured after exactly the same symptoms. Good news indeed !!

Comment

Sounds like he's in a bad way after surgery:

Hartson critical after surgery
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8151728.stm

Former Wales, Arsenal and Celtic striker John Hartson who is fighting testicular cancer is in a critical condition in hospital.

Doctors have confirmed that the cancer which had already spread to his brain, has now been diagnosed in his lungs.

The 34-year-old, capped by Wales 51 times, was diagnosed at the weekend.

He was transferred to Morriston Hospital in Swansea on Tuesday and underwent emergency surgery and is now receiving round-the-clock care.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X